We work with local authorities to ensure a safe and memorable event
We work closely with our local venue partners, local fire & policy authorities, and state authorities to hold our events. Each of our events is planned and coordinated with multiple local partners, municipalities, and authorities.
During our planning and permitting process we consider all factors that would impact the safety and enjoyability of the event including weather, traffic flow, capacity limits, and health & safety restrictions due to COVID-19.
Our event is weather dependent (Rain, Wind, Lightning, and Fire)
Our number 1 priority is holding a safe event that brings the community together to make magical memories. Because Night Lights takes place in outdoor venues, it is highly dependent on the weather.
The weather factors we must consider are:
- Lightning Strikes
- Fire Danger
What's our process for monitoring weather changes?
We monitor the weather patterns from a weather station closest to our actual venue. Sometimes the weather station will be showing different weather than a large city 1-2 hours away. For example, we've seen rain pass through the closest metropolitan area that completely skipped our venue and vice versa.
We understand that many of our attendees have coordinated travel plans around our event so we are mindful to give as much notice as possible.
Using this local weather station, we monitor the rain and wind forecasts starting 10 days prior to our scheduled event day.
We have attached a sample of the weather reports we receive for your reference:
If everything looks fine:
- We'll move forward with the event as planned and will watch for wind, rain, and weather changes daily as we get closer to the event.
If the weather absolutely won't work:
- Our goal is always to give as much notice as possible if we do plan on postponing an event. We'll update you about any changes or postponments through social media, email, and SMS.
If we are unsure about the weather conditions:
- 10 days before event day: Sometimes the weather is a bit more difficult to judge. In this case, we'll watch the changes in rain coverage and windspeed very closely starting 10 days before the event.
- 4 days before event day: If we're still feeling unsure about the weather 4 days in advance (typically the Wednesday before) we'll let you know of a possible reschedule through social media, email notifications, and sms.
- 2-3 days before event day: If the weather looks like it might pass or might get worse, then we'll typically make a final call on Thursday or Friday before the event.
- Day-of cancellations: We have OCCASIONALLY been required to postpone an event on the day of. This is not ideal, but it is a much better option than postponing the event after attendees have entered the venue. Or even worse, if the winds are too strong and the fire authorities determine that it's not safe to launch at all.
Long story short, there are a lot of factors that go into holding a safe and compliant event. If we have to make changes we'll let you know as far enough in advance as possible.
If a postponement is required:
While we will never cancel an event because of weather or environmental conditions, conditions may necessitate a postponement to a later date.
In the event of a postponement we will work with our local partners and the local authorities to secure a make-up date. Your tickets will automatically transfer to the new date. If the participant is unable to attend the make-up date, we will provide a ticket credit that can be used for any future Night Lights event.
Tickets are non-refundable — even if if there is a postponement — unless the participant has purchased Ticket Protection through us directly.
If Ticket Protection was purchased for the ticket AND the event was postponed, including postponements due to weather, you can request a refund for the price of your tickets and any add-ons. Processing fees and the price of Ticket Protection are non-refundable.
If you are owed a refund (either due to cancellation or if you purchased Ticket Protection) we will only refund the original purchaser to their original payment method.
to learn more about Ticket Protection.
to read our Refund Policy.
to contact us about a refund.
If a cancellation is required:
There are very view circumstances that will require a cancellation. If the event is cancelled with no makeup date, then we will issue a 100% refund to all customers.
How can you protect yourself from a postponement?
First and foremost, the weather is out of our hands. We don't like postponing our events and it's not favorable for us, but it does happen from time to time.
Similar to a sporting event or concert, Night Lights Event has a no refunds policy.This means that if you purchase tickets and cannot attend for any reason, you may qualify for a transfer or future credit, but you will not qualify for a refund under any circumstance.
We understand that plans can change and it may be inconvenient for you to attend if the event is postponed to a new date. If you are concerned about the chance of a reschedule, your best option in this circumstance is to purchase Ticket Protection with your order.
Ticket protection can be added to your order during checkout and will allow you to receive a refund if the event is postponed or you have a qualifying reason.
to learn more about Ticket Protection.
How can you make sure you don't miss any important updates?
If you were the one who placed an order with us:
If you purchased tickets using your email and phone number, you are automatically on our list to receive updates.
If you did NOT place the order with us:
If someone else purchased tickets for you, most likely you are not registered to receive updates with us. You can register for event updates on our homepage. Just scroll to the bottom and fill out the form.
Email notifications will come from email@example.com
. You may want to allow both of these email addresses to access your main inbox to avoid being sent to a promotions folder.
Sometimes these emails go to spam or junk. Search your inbox if you don't see anything from us.